Book review: The Lost Saint (A Dark Divine Novel book # 2)

LostSaint

Title: The Lost Saint (Book #2,  A Dark Divine Novel)
Author: Bree Despain
Series: A Dark Divine
Page count: 404 pages
Rating: 5 stars

Book sysnopsis:

A family destroyed. A love threatened. An enemy returns.

Grace Divine made the ultimate sacrifice to cure Daniel Kalbi. She was infected with the werewolf curse while trying to save him, and lost her beloved brother in the process.

Desperate to find Jude, Grace befriends Talbot, a newcomer to town. But as the two grow closer, Grace's relationship with Daniel is put in danger - in more ways than one.

Unaware of the dark path she is walking, Grace begins to give into the wolf inside of her - not realizing that an enemy has returned and a deadly trap is about to be sprung.
Bree Despain delivers sizzling romance and thrilling action in the heart-pounding sequel to the The Dark Divine.

Book review:
Honestly, the main reason I bought this book is because of the cover, especially I love blue. I have no idea what the story is about. But then when I read the first pages, it immediately caught one of my interests: werewolves. It also includes vampires but the protagonist is a werewolf and I love the way she tried to control and use her abilities for good.

"I know what evil existed in the world, and I couldn't just sit anymore. I guess that's why in all those comic books, the superheroes have to create an alter ego -- the person who pretends to be ordinary so they can still be with the ones they love." -Grace Divine

There are so many twists in the story especially when it comes to Grace's lost brother, Jude. Grace and Daniel seems to have so much chemistry together but of course, like in any other relationships, they also experience problems and turmoil in life. In this book, Grace met a new man, gorgeous and a hottie, named Talbot who adds excitement to the story. I also love the witty personality of April! She's an ideal friend because she is very supportive and I just love how she loved to make costumes for Grace as a 'superhero' thingy.
"I felt like a different person, and part of me longed for Daniel's arms, strong and true, to wrap me in his warm embrace. I wanted to hear him tell me that it was okay for me to be different now. That he still loved me no matter what." -Grace Divine

This book talks about romance, friendship, and family which makes it a must-read for YA readers out there. I wish I could find The Dark Divine book in any bookstore here and I can't wait to read the next book entitled The Savage Grace.

"But if you can hold on to that love, and if you can hold on to that faith, then you are stronger than any monster out there. No outside power, no force, no evil can make you turn into the wolf as long as you hold on to that love." -Daniel

algelsignature

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! :)