After three long months of not seeing my bookish besties, we're finally gathered once again for the book signing tour of NewYork Times Bestselling author of Red Queen, Victoria Aveyard! I didn't realize how much I missed them until I saw them again!
- Victoria advised aspiring writers that you have to finish your first draft. Write the end at the end and don't edit much along the way. You can give yourself the benefit of a doubt.
- When she was asked about the sequence of how she writes, she said that for Red Queen, she started with the main character then the world building. But usually, the latter comes first and the character is what makes readers stay in a story.
- Red Queen was supposed to be a duology at first, but then Victoria thought she need more. Three books would be rush, she thought. So she went back to Harper and said she needed another book.
- Universal Studios has the screen option for Red Queen. The screen writer is Jennifer _______ (Sorry I didn't hear her last name clearly).
- Her favorite fantasy novels:
- 1. Lord of the Rings trilogy
- 2. Harry Potter series
- 3. A Song of Ice and Fire series
- She learned pretty much every story-telling trick from film school.
- For her, the entire middle part of Red Queen is the most difficult part to write because it's more about build up.
- She did a lot of Google translation of English-Latin for Red Queen.
- The third book will start immediately where Glass Sword ends.
- VA said, "I definitely want to write until the day I die." *laughs*
- After writing the fourth book, she might go back into screenplay writing for the mean time before she started with her next book.
- When asked about the feminism in Red Queen, she said that she's a feminist so it's normal to write about a woman or treating men and women equally.
- She naturally likes genre mashups: Dystopia, fantasy and science fiction.
- On what to expect of Mare on the 3rd and 4th books? More of her emotional journey.
|With the Queen V!|
|PH YA Book Bloggers with Victoria Aveyard|
Thank you so much, National Book Store, Powerbooks Store and HarperCollins International for this event!
Check out the recaps of my bookish besties for more info and pictures!