RECAP: LANG LEAV IN MANILA

Last Sunday was probably one of the greatest moments in my bookish life. National Book Store brought one of my writing inspirations here in Manila - Lang Leav. 


I met Lang last year and she said she'll be back and well, she really did! She is such a lovely and sweet lady. I love writing poems so this event made the tongue-tied poet withing me very happy. Her writing skills is amazing and for me, it's probably one of the best poetry writing styles I've read in my entire life.

She writes from her instincts because it offers a lot more compact to the readers. And most of the time, it all comes naturally from her. It's something that she has always done way before. Like most of us, writing is her own way of getting her feelings out. Especially during the rough and tough times of her life, it's when she can write the most. She told us this story about when her best friend's mother who passed away. This drove her into deep sadness since she considered her best friend's mother as her second mother.


We asked her where her inspirations come from, she told us that aside from personal experiences, her interaction with her readers is one of her inspirations. Some of her poems are derived from the stories her readers tell her.

She told us that the writing process for her second book, Lullabies, was easier because of Love and Misadventure's success, as well as she already had a publisher by then.

Pinoy Book Tours bloggers with Lang Leav
My fangirling moment!
After the forum, we headed to Powerbooks, Greenbelt 5 for the poetry reading and public signing. The venue was full of people, all excited to meet our poetry queen.

Here's a photo dump of the poetry reading and book signing event:

Sorry for the bright light!
Lang Leav's fans reading her books while waiting for her

And also, great news for you, guys! Lang has a new upcoming book coming this 2015! Hooray!

algelsignature

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! :)