|Jenny Han during the bloggers forum|
I was very giddy to get my hands on the book To All The Boys I've Loved Before. So when I heard that the author, Jenny Han, is coming to for a book signing event here in Manila, I knew I had to come. A week before the event, I asked my friend Kai of Amaterasu Reads to wake me up in the morning because I don't want to be late again. Again, because I was late during Veronica Rossi, Tahereh Mafi, and Ransom Riggs' visit last April. Thanks, Kai for being my alarm clock last Saturday. I owe you.
The forum started on time and I was number 7 baby! Oh yeah! :D
Here are some fun facts we learned during the forum:
*I'm sorry I figured I'm not really good at transcribing recordings from my phone. I'm planning to buy a real recorder for the next events.*
- Jenny and Siobhan Vivian met in graduate school and ended up becoming best friends when they met in David Levithan's class. Thus, they ended up writing the series Burn for Burn.
- Jenny has a tumblr account for her nail arts. Visit http://justanothermanimonday.tumblr.com/
- When asked if she ever considered writing a spin-off for Jeremiah, Jenny's answer is: NO. Jeremiah's left in a good place in the story and he's upbeat and he bounces back. The difference between Conrad and Jeremiah is Conrad is more sensitive. Jenny was more worried about Conrad if things hadn't gone the way it did in the story, he might be in a dark place for a while.
- She has 3 novels she wants to write right now. It's a matter of having the time to write the stories she want to write. She hopes to keep being inspired.
- If she were Lara Jean, her Top Five celebrity crushes would be:
- Alexander Skarsgard of True Blood
- Daryl from Walking Dead
- The cop from The Killing
- Jaime Lannister from GoT (even without the hand)
- Jo In Sung
- Seo In Guk in Reply 1997
- Who Peter is for her: a young James Marsden
- Her first book, Shug, will always be special since it's like the first child in her family. It's the first and the last that she feels like the most special in her heart.
|With Nicole and Michelle of The Twins Read!|
|With Sab of Sab the Book Eater, Dianne of Oops! I Read a Book Again and Nina of The Bookish Confections|
Plus, there's a big surprise for us from National Book Store and Jenny Han!
|ARCs of Ashes to Ashes! Aaaaaaah!!!!|
|PBT bloggers and JennyHanPH representatives with Jenny Han|
We also visited the public signing and oh my what a huge crowd! Jenny Han didn't expect the number of people who came that she had to rest for a few times during the signing. Also, I interviewed some girls that I spotted reading To All the Boys I've Loved Before. Go check out my post on what they has to say to the boys of their past!
Tahdaaaaah! Here's a photo of me with the sweet Jenny Han!
Thank you so much National Book Store for another amazing and successful event!