The year 2014 started with an amazing event by the National Book Store for book lovers here in the Philippines. Guess what? We had Gayle Forman for the first book signing event this year!
Last Saturday, January 18, 2014 was my second time to attend a bloggers forum. Big thanks to my lovely blogger friend Isabel of Sab The Book Eater for bringing me as her plus one! The forum was held at Powerbooks, Greenbelt 5. It's so great to meet these lovely ladies again. Never mind how noisy we can be when we start ranting about our favorite books and characters!
|While waiting for the forum to start, strike a pose!|
|We were so excited to meet Gayle!|
Gayle is such an adorable woman. Before the forum started, she sang some lines from Walt Disney Frozen's OST, Let It Go. She kept singing yet she told us that she's horrible at karaoke. Lol
|Gayle while answering the questions during the blogger forum.|
We were given the chance to ask Gayle things about her and her books. Here are some of the things we discovered about her and her life with her books:
- Writing ritual: Coffee. (We obviously know this. We just thought maybe she has some weird ritual like doing headstands before she writes. Oh, wait-- THAT is my ritual.)
- Best song from Just One Day: Again, she sang Let It Go. Followed by Adelle's Rolling In The Deep
- Easiest book she wrote: If I Stay. She said she didn't expect much and this book didn't give her much pressure. It's just a series of love stories (Family, friendship, romance, music)
- The kind of adventure she wants for Just One Day in her life: Well, she told us she can't have any adventure yet as of now since she have little kids. But she wanted to go to Brazil next, or Africa (Safari).
- Important role of music in If I Stay: She told us that her husband is a musician. And that she's been obsessed with music. She also said that music is an emotional trigger to a lot of people.
- Next book she's working on: Guys, it's a stand-alone! It'll be called I Was Here and will be out in Winter 2015!
|ALL. THE. FEELS. Gayle Forman bookmarks were given during the event.|
And here comes the signing! More pictures! These wonderful photos were taken by the very talented Hazel of Stay Bookish. Visit her blog to see more of her talent put into taking awesome photos of books and more! Teehee! ^^,
|From left: Me, Kim of Divergent Gryffindor and Sab of Sab The Book Eater|
|Nicole and Michelle of The Twins Read striking a pose with Gayle|
|Elyssa and Celine of Two Ends of a Bookshelf|
|Kayla of The Bookish Owl and Sab of Sab The Book Eater|
|Sab (again!) Dianne of Oops! I Read Again and Kazhy of My Library in the Making|
|Jesselle of The Lifelong Bookworm and Kate of The Bookaholic Blurbs|
|PH YA Book Bloggers with Gayle Forman|
Thank you so much National Book Store for making another wonderful event possible for bookworms like us. It's very overwhelming to meet the persons who wrote our favorite books and made us swoon over the characters. More bookish events like this please!
We love you very much, Gayle Forman! Hope to see you again!
Visit Gayle Forman and know more about her books at http://www.gayleforman.com/