Book review: UNRAVEL ME by Tahereh Mafi

Author: Tahereh Mafi
Series: Shatter Me
No. of pages: 461 pages

Book synopsis:
tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
it's almost
time for war.

Juliette has escaped to Omega Point. It is a place for people like her—people with gifts—and it is also the headquarters of the rebel resistance.

She's finally free from The Reestablishment, free from their plan to use her as a weapon, and free to love Adam. But Juliette will never be free from her lethal touch.

Or from Warner, who wants Juliette more than she ever thought possible.

In this exhilarating sequel to Shatter Me, Juliette has to make life-changing decisions between what she wants and what she thinks is right. Decisions that might involve choosing between her heart—and Adam's life.




My Review:
“Sticks and stones keep breaking my bones but these words, these words will kill me.”
Unravel Me made me speechless. I can't find the words to describe how good Tahereh Mafi's writing is. I mean I can't move on from the story. I'm still stucked in the middle of its pages, without any desire of getting out. I feel like I'm living in the world of Juliette, making me feel what she feels. As if we were one, her emotions sucked up my feelings and filled my head with her thoughts.
“It's just a whisper of a kiss but something collapses in my skull. It's a feather-light brush of his mouth against my skin in a place I can't quite see. It's my mind speaking in a thousand different languages I don't understand.”
I don't know how Tahereh did this to me by just writing. She's a very spectacular author who will never disappoint the readers "i-want-to-feel-the-same-way-the-character-feels" need. So far, this book gave me the most chills. I just can't get enough that I consider rereading Shatter Me and Unravel Me over again while waiting for the third book.
 “Books are easily destroyed. But words will live as long as people can remember them”
Aside from emotions, it's also full of surprises, excitement, and twists. While reading, I was like "What?!" and "OMG!" because of the twists. I'm expecting for more! This makes my imagination grow wider as a flip upon the pages. Plus, there are quotes everywhere which made me love the book even more!

I understand how Juliette feels; that she cannot easily adjust with here environment. But somehow, she's a tough young woman who can still manage her senses despite of being locked up away from the world for years. And I can't also decide who to choose between Adam and Warner! :">

In this book, I found  Kenji as a friendly, witty, funny, adorable and attractive guy who's always there for Juliette (even though they don't have any special relationship). I also became curious on Kenji's past. Castle told us briefly on how he met Kenji, but I really want to know how Kenji ended up joining Castle's company. I'm looking forward to the answers on these questions that lingers in my mind as of now. I can't wait for next year!

My Rating

algelsignature

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! :)